SIPP PROGRESS

Current Value (As at 8th November 2021) = £307,654including cash

Value at 8th November 2021 = £307,654
Target for 8th November 2022 = £359,355
Target for 31st December 2021 = £300,000
Value of SIPP at commencement of this blog on 1st August 2012 = £51,684.02.

Capital Growth is equivalent to 12.905%pa since Aug 2012 (not including monthly contributions and occasional deposits).


Wednesday 18 September 2013

Update : 18th September 2013

No posts recently on the blog as I had the opportunity of a 10-day holiday on Mauritius. As such, before I went away, I made a few minor adjustments to my portfolio. With no recent posts, I will give an overview of how my portfolio is currently standing.

My largest holding in in the HSBC Bank (£HSBA) and this has made a small gain to hover around the 700-702 level. So, my holding of 2020 shares is valued at approximately £14,160. My plan is to trim this shareholding down to around 1400 shares (or approximately £10,000) when the shares are valued at about 730+ which I would anticipate to happen sometime in the autumn.

My next largest holding is International Personal Finance (£IPF) in which I hold 1500 shares. This has also gained in value from about 595 to around the 620-625 mark, and is worth £9,300. This company is growing very strongly and I’m very hopeful of considerable growth.

My 3rd largest holding is in JPMorgan Mid Cap Investment Trust (£JMF) in which I hold 1250 shares. This is a long term play and is only just in profit with a value of £8,563. Investment Trusts are a vehicle that I’ve used (on-and-off) for 20 years. If you have no idea or inclination to “pick stocks” then I would suggest placing your SIPP funds amongst a handful of Investment Trusts as it is like having a personally managed portfolio.

My next 3 holdings are very similar in value. Optimal Payments (£OPAY) is one of the jewels in my crown. I bought my 2600 shares at an average cost of 179. Optimal Payments is at the forefront of the “cashless” society and has just published tremendous half-year figures. I reckon this company almost has a license to print money and I would not be surprised if a big bank does not come along and buy the company at a significant premium to where it is now at 255-260.

Aberforth Smaller Companies Trust (in which I hold 638 shares) is now at the level of 980-990. As I bought into this trust at 638, I am already sitting on a profit margin of nearly £2,200. I intend to hold these shares indefinitely and just re-invest the dividends.

AZ Electronic Materials (£AZEM) is a bit of a recovery play. Although currently showing a loss of £235, I reckon this should be a long-term solid performer, as electronic goods and personal entertainment is were everyone wants to be.

My final couple of shareholdings are:
Imagination Technologies Group (IMG) which has been another recovery play. I bought my 1500 shares at an average cost of 263 and they are currently in the 340-345 bracket. Considering they have been trading at over 500 in the last 12-months and their clients (Apple) are expanding into China, I can see plenty of growth ahead.

Mitchells & Butlers is my final share, and I may have missed my opportunity on them as I bought my 1200 shares at an average of 407 and they topped 470 last week while I was on holiday. It was my intention to sell when I could bank a 15% profit (468) but I did not expect them to “spike” last week from 425-430 up to 470-475. They are now back to a 428-433 level and (as they pay no dividends) I am trying to decide whether to sell or hold.

Value of shareholdings = £61,422

Cash = £5,404

Total SIPP Value = £66,826

PLEASE NOTE: This blog is simply a "diary" of the trades on my SIPP.

The intention is to detail what I've bought and sold, and provide a brief explanation as to why. You should be aware that this is not a share "tipping" site. I will make no recommendations to buy or sell shares as I am not regulated to do so by the FSA. I will simple state what I have already bought and sold myself personally. You should ALWAYS do your own research and come to your own decision on share trades. If you follow my trades and lose money you only have yourself to blame and not me.

The value of investments can go down in value as well as up, so you could get back less than you invest. It is therefore important that you understand the risks and commitments being undertaken when investing in a Pension (SIPP). This blog is not personal advice, but is a record of the authors own investments.

No comments:

Post a Comment